Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Southern Tradition



This past weekend, my mom, sister, and I went down to Brewton, AL to visit my grandfather. Brewton is a tiny little town with a population of about 6,000 people. My mom spent her high school years here, and my grandmother (now passed away) and my grandfather have lived happily here ever since. We were riding down a road of one of the historic neighborhoods when I called out to stop and let me photograph this home. My mom was ticking off the families who owned all of these homes, as Brewton is pretty much one of those situations where everybody knows everybody else. My next few posts will feature some of my other favorite shots from Brewton, and the southern history that surrounds it. (Fellow Bloggers: Is that called a mini-series??)

-Rip
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

About Me

My photo
An aspiring young photographer, having fun being creative and curious in capturing photos.

Followers