Sunday, October 23, 2011

Autumn has Arrived!




Finally!! Fall has arrived. For a period of a few days, I would look out the window to see if the tops of the trees were turning yet. I was impatient for the wonderful temperatures we are having now. This is my absolute most favorite time of the year. The weather, the leaves, the holidays.... I love it all.

So these photos were taken (as I find many of my blog photos are...) in my front yard. I wasnt sure what I set out to get, but all I knew was I wanted the leaves! I love the brilliance of the sunlit color of the first one. The second one, I debated over posting, because I love the sunlight, the leaf, and the lovely fall colors in the background, but I am disappointed in the appearance of the leaf.... it had such wonderful color, I regret that I wasnt shown more.

I havent posted here in WAY too long!! I miss my blog. I hope I still have people that check in every once in a while for something new. Well surprise! Here you are!

I have been so busy with school lately.... lots of homework, studying, reading, and writing. We've had two long weekends in a row these past two weeks, so now we have to make the stretch before Thanksgiving break! I think I can make it.

Tomorrow we are taking this test thing at school.... it supposedly tests what we know as 8th graders, and based on that, predicts our ACT score. I am sort of freaking out, because I feel like the ACT defines the rest of my life. What college I get into, which will determine what jobs I get, which will determine my salary, among other things. I suppose I'm over thinking. Like I over think everything else. But whatever. That was yet another one of my pointless rants.

Well, I must go. I am volunteering at Boo at the Zoo. I would love to take pictures, but I think I'll be too busy for that.

Oh, also, I am kind of looking at DSLRs. I mean not super seriously, but it's just I think I'm ready for an upgrade. I currently have a high-end point and shoot. Its really a superb camera--it takes all the shots I post here! But, it does have limitations that I am starting to realize as I become more experienced. And, my mom has two really nice lenses that I would be able to use. So any suggestions for lower-end DSLR cameras? (Nikon, since my moms lenses are Nikon.) I have looked at the D3000 and the D3100. I dont know... its so confusing.

-Rip

5 comments:

  1. Good luck choosing a new camera Rip!!! At your young age, you might want to look at some used cameras...with models changing all the time, you can probably find some good deals, although you need to be careful where you look...the big camera shops (Adorama, B&H, and Samy's online stores) offer used cameras too...perhaps Santa???

    Hope school is going well and you're enjoying your classes...8th grade is too early to worry about the effect a test is going to have on the rest of your life!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello ... im Adam. I like your blog. I intend to exchange links blog. So that we can mutually grow your friends .. I wait for your arrival and we hope to exchange links

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice blog you interesting information I hope to always read

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you info. hopefully you can see my blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blogs are elegant and nice info thanks. greeting familiar

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
An aspiring young photographer, having fun being creative and curious in capturing photos.

Followers