Sunday, March 25, 2012

NOLA!

Hello! It's been a while since I posted here. As I always say. Maybe I should just establish that posts will be unplanned and irregular so I dont feel the need to start every post with that. Anyways.

My Spring Break was this past week. Let me tell you, it was much needed. I felt like I was going to explode with schoolwork and projects and math and homework and blah blah blah. So needless to say, I enjoyed it and am sad that it's over. But we didnt have anything planned to do for the week, and my sister was going off to the beach with her friends, so my parents suggested that we take a short 3 day trip to New Orleans.

I had been to New Orelans a few times before. We used to have friends that lived there, until after Katrina, which sort of sealed the deal on the idea they had been entertaining for a little while--move to the south of France. They're French though, and have family there. So it made sense. Anyhow, it'd been a while since I had been, and I was a little young to really have appreciated it anyways. Also, my dad lived there for a period in his twenties, and has spent a fair amount of time there since, so he knows the city well.

The trip was a lot of fun! I like New Orleans a lot. I especially like the food..... but thats another post entirely. Literally. It's a little dirty for my taste and kind of just crazy in general. But its certainly a fun place to visit.

This is a po-boy from one of my dad's favorite places in the city--Johnny's Poboy's. We went there for lunch one day, and it was super crowded. I'm not sure if I had mentioned it before, but I went vegetarian for the year of 2012, so there wasnt a whole lot of options for me there. I do eat fish, however, so I tried the crabcake poboy, and was really dissapointed. I usually like crab, but I really didnt enjoy it on the sandwich. Anyways, my dad enjoyed his and my mom enjoyed her Shrimp poboy, which I tried, and ironically liked because shrimp is something that I usually dont care much for. This picture is of the crab cake poboy.

This picture is just a shot I liked, and one that I thought exhibited the architecture and interesting building that make up the Quarter.

This is the classic icon of NOLA, the streetcar.






I love this next picture. It is the gorgeous, old live oak trees, along the wall of an old New Orelans cemetery. I love the whimsy of their grand, majestic branches. You can only imagine the history behind those trees.
These are only a few of the many photos I took. More to come......hopefully soon!

-Rip

1 comment:

  1. Nice shots Rip! You're doing well!!! And I agree with you about the last photo...very nice!!!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
An aspiring young photographer, having fun being creative and curious in capturing photos.

Followers