Sunday, January 22, 2012

Uniformity



Wow! Its here! 2012! For some reason, this new year feels more special than the others. I cant give a reason why, it just does. But in a good way. A good, new start refreshing sort of way.

So over new years we took our trip to Grayton Beach, FL. I love going to the beach at New Years. It is so different from the summer. So low-key, relaxed, and beautiful weather. 50-60 every day. Perfect!! On this outing from which I provide all of my photographs, my Uncle Larry and Aunt Suzanne took the whole bunch of kids Geocaching. If you arent familiar with it (not that most are), it is a really fun thing where you find some coordinates online, put them in your GPS, and search for a small cache somewhere out in the woods, or something. It is usually a small box or container. Its really pretty fun, especially when youre with fun people. We found one, and attempted another, but to no avail.

So picture number one is of the old, rustic looking road sign that was at the beginning of the dirt/sand road that wound through these beautiful coastal woods. I like that picture a lot, I just wish the sign was brighter.

Picture number two is of the getting-ready-to-set sun striking the pleasing uniform pine trees. This is where I got the title for this post.... these pine trees. I LOVE them. I dont know why, but I guess they strike a chord with my Type-A personality, and I took an insane amount of pictures, trying to capture the beauty of them. Its one of those things that just needs to be seen, but I feel like this picture does it pretty good justice.

Number three also captures the wonderfulness of the pine trees. Now, dont get all in a wad because Manny is shooting a gun.
A) Its a bebe gun, so nothing too serious.
B) We were in the middle of the woods.
Also, I actually just had him pose this way so I could get the shot, rather than taking it while he was shooting. I promise, we arent trashy people who carry guns everywhere, but for some reason we had a bebe gun and we were collecting litter and using it as targets. (fun/enviro-friendly/productive bebe gun shooting!)

Now, this last picture is one of our group. It was taken by balancing my camera on the door of the car and setting a timer. I find few situations to be more stressful and momentarily chaotic as the 10 seconds between setting the camera timer and taking the picture.

From left to right: My Uncle Larry Livingston (he and his family live down there, friend Manny (his family was at the beach with us too) , My sister Caroline, Carolines friend Ali, cousin Emily, Aunt Suzanne, Cousin Lucy, Lucy's friend, and me.

And I promise, I dont look so odd in person. I dont think, at least.

Well its 11pm on a school night, so I guess I should go to bed.

-Rip

2 comments:

  1. Your shot down the sightline of the bebe gun is fabulous Rip!!! And tying your photos together with the title of Uniformity works really well!!! It made me look at the similarities between the photos...even though they're each very different! Well done Rip!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful work! I hadn't checked in lately and I was really impressed.
    PS. You don't look odd at all and your work is a wonderful light in the world. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
An aspiring young photographer, having fun being creative and curious in capturing photos.

Followers