Tuesday, May 31, 2011

In Memory

I know, I know, it's not exactly on time. But I felt like even though I missed the actual day, that I should post this picture in honor of our veterans. I heard someone say, on TV or radio that "Rather than a day of remembrance that happens to be a day off, Memorial Day is now a day off, that happens to be a day of remembrance in most people's minds." I like that quote.... I think it is very true. I mean, obviously, because I forgot to do this on the actual day, I am not one to talk about paying a whole lot of attention to Memorial Day. But I still think it should be advertised as a day that we honor those who died for us, rather than a day off from work or school.

Anyhow, regarding the photo, I really, really like this picture. I suppose it was a good day for this shot, but it also just captures so much of the US. The famous NYC skyline, framing our beautiful flag waving in the breeze. It was quite a nice day in NY, as I recall.

I know this is entirely irrelevant, but does anyone else get on a site called StumbleUpon? It is (seriously) one of the BEST things EVER invented. When you register (for free!) it has you go through this long list of all sorts of interests. Some of mine include Photography, Design, Gadgets, Humor, etc. Then, you enter the interface and click "Stumble." Then, it pulls up a website that has to do with your interests. For example, it recently showed me this site about all of these innovative, awesome hotels around the world. Some... or most, for that matter, are more useful than that though. For instance, a site on shooting (with a camera...) tips came up. You can then "like" or "dislike" a site, and S.U. learns about what you do and dont like.

I'll shut up about it--just click the link above and check it out. My username is Ripster3859, if you join and want to "friend" me.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Memorial Day and weekend. Tomorrow I am going to attempt at soap-making. Its something I have developed a random interest in, and I'm going to give it a try. If all goes well, then I'll share the recipe. Not as complicated as you might think.

I'll keep you posted, (as always... do I write too much stupid stuff in my posts?)
-Rip

1 comment:

  1. Nicely captured shot of the flag!!! I like the flag against the skyline...

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
An aspiring young photographer, having fun being creative and curious in capturing photos.

Followers